Mr. Anurag Goyal is a practicing Geotechnical Professional with over 20 years of experience. He has a vast experience in the field of geotechnics and Pile Foundations. He is working in the field of infrastructure sectors including Highways, Railways, Airport, Port-Marine, Landfill sites, Thermal Power Plants, Residential Projects, Oil and Gas, Industrial Projects etc. He has been consultant to over 100 major projects in the areas of geotechnical and geo environmental engineering as a practicing Engineer. His area of expertise includes:
1. Geotechnical Investigations (Field/Laboratory Testing and report writing) and Topographic survey.
2. Slope stability of Earthen Embankment.
3. Shallow Foundations.
4. Pile and Well Foundations.
5. Landfill Engineering.
6. Ash Pond and Geo environmental Engineering.
7. Ground Improvement Techniques.
8. Liquefaction Analysis.
9. Deep Excavation design including reinforced slopes and RE Walls
10. Dynamic Analysis of Foundations
11. Review of Technical Reports and case studies, vetting of Reports and validating the Geotechnical Recommendations
His professional aim is to excel in civil and geotechnical engineering practice by applying modern engineering concepts to field situations and to bridge the gap between research and practice. He stands committed to good professional practices and ensuring quality work in the field of geotechnics.
Mr. Anurag Goyal obtained his B.Tech (Civil Engineering) and M.Tech (Geotechnical Engineering) from Thapar University, Patiala. He had been awarded with a Roll of Honor certificate for ranking 1st in the University in M. Tech. He is also a PG Diploma holder in TQM & ISO 9000. He is life fellow of various professional forums such as Indian Geotechnical Society (Main body), Institution of Urban Transport, India, Indian Geotechnical Society, Delhi Chapter. He has been actively participating in various activities of the IGS Delhi Chapter over the past ten years.
He has also obtained various trainings related to qualities such as Internal Auditing for Laboratory Quality Management System as per ISO/IEC 17025:1999 by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), Training in Non-Destructive Testing of Materials, and Internal Auditing for Quality Management System as per ISO 9001-2008 by LRQA.
His detailed description of works carried out is summarized as follow:
Designing and analysis of Shallow foundations, piles, high embankments, retaining walls and well foundations.
Designing of Ash Pond
Involved in co-ordination of various geotechnical-engineering projects, including data collection and analysis, literature reviews, liaison with client, report preparation and project specification preparation.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, he was responsible for field activities such as drilling through soils and rocks. Identification and classification of soils and rocks.
Involved in in-situ testing of soil e.g. SPT, dynamic cone penetration, static cone penetration, plate load test, pile load test, pile integrity test, permeability tests, Field CBR test, electrical resistivity test, Pressuremeter test, piezometer installation, pump out test, seismic refraction test, cross hole seismic test, etc.
Ensuring field and laboratory testing as per norms and monitoring quality control of works and materials, documentation of laboratory test results and quality control activities (as per ISO: 17025:2005).
Training and familiarizing company personnel on various aspects of ISO 17025: 2005, and ISO 9001-2008, performing internal quality audits, organizing and managing external quality audits.
Design of High embankments / railway embankments.
Review and vetting of Technical Reports.
Ground improvement with stone columns, PVDs, Soil Nailing / Rock anchoring etc.
Design of Reinforced soil walls and reinforced soil slopes.
Having good hands on engineering software’s such as Geostudio, Wallap etc.
TECHNICAL PAPERS PUBLISHED:
• Paper presented in IGC-2001 on “Risk in Estimation of Ultimate Loads of Ash Fill by Model Tests.”
• Paper presented in IGC-2006 on “Dynamic Properties of Alluvial Soils - A Case Study.”
• Paper on “Geotechnical Investigation in Boulder / Gravel Deposits – Case Study of the Bein Bridge”, communicated to Indian Roads Congress for publication in IRC Journal.
• Paper presented in IGC-2013 on “Geotechnical and Environmental aspects of Ash Pond in Valley Portion Formed by Natural Hills”
• Paper presented in IGC-2014 on “Design Criteria for ash Ponds of Coal Based Thermal Power Plant Projects”
• Paper presented in IGC-2014 on “Geotechnical Aspects of Various Foundation Systems of Coal Based Thermal Power Plant Projects”